Get to Grips with GDPR
Join Pat Langley, Chief Executive of Apolline and her team, for this informative session where they will explain the differences between the current Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR is Europe’s new framework for data protection laws, changing the way businesses process and handle data. It will come into force on 25th May 2018.
This event will explore what GDPR means specifically for your dental practice and your patients. You will find out how to manage your patient data in line with GDPR, what information your patients will be issued with as this new regulation comes into place and the implications of a data breach.
• Understand the key differences between the Data Protection Act and GDPR
• Understand the principles introduced by GDPR to ensure safe handling of data in your day-to-day business at the practice
• Determine what personal/sensitive data is and how to store, handle and process it
• Learn how to implement safe and robust patient record keeping processes that demonstrate accountability and compliance in line with GDPR
• Identify how to detect data breaches and how to ensure you take the appropriate steps to inform relevant parties
• Understand how to manage your information security, systems and processes appropriately
• Recognise the sanctions for failure to follow the GDPR guidelines in reporting data breaches
This event will provide you with three hours verifiable CPD.
Dates, Locations and Times:
30th January, Oswestry, 2.00 PM - 5.15 PM
6th February, Southampton, 2.00 PM - 5.15 PM
13th February, Derby, 2.00 PM - 5.15 PM
21st February, Edinburgh, 9.30 AM - 1.45 PM
7th March, Bristol, 2.00 PM - 5.15 PM
8th March, Exeter, 9.30 AM - 12.45 PM
14th March, Leeds, 2.00 PM - 5.15 PM
15th March, Leeds, 9.30 AM - 12.45 PM
21st March, Stevenage, 2.00 PM - 5.15 PM
22nd March, Stansted, 10.30 AM - 1.45 PM
27th March, Gatwick, 2.00 PM - 5.15 PM
28th March, Ashford, 9.30 AM - 12.45 PM
*This event is exclusive to Practice Plan and Medenta members*
Pat Langley is Chief Executive of Apolline.
Dealing with all things compliance, Pat is perfectly placed to advise on the impending changes in relation to GDPR, guiding practices on how to main on the right side of this new legislation.
Exclusive event for Practice Plan and Medenta members:
£25 per person