Practice Management in Dentistry
Looking for some fresh ideas on how to create a thriving practice? Then this simple online solution could be just what you’re looking for.
Healthcare Learning: Smile-on have collaborated with some of the industry’s most-renowned companies and speakers to provide a short 90 minute training programme, looking at everything from staying in control of your finances to creating a more patient-focused journey, and engaging and motivating your team to creating a successful marketing plan for your practice – all key areas of focus if you’re looking to boost your business.
Anyone can access this great training programme for a one-off cost of just £99*. Or, if you're a Practice Plan Platinum Member, we've secured an exclusive £20* discount, so make sure you're logged in to get your discount code!
- Suitable for anyone in the dental profession – you don’t just have to be a practice manager to access this training, it’s open to everyone in the practice and provides an understanding of all aspects of Practice Management.
- Business insights from industry experts – get access to the most up-to-date and topical content from dentistry’s leading companies and consultants, including Dental Directory, Practice Plan and Sheila Scott.
- Full programme of ideas – in 90 minutes, five key areas of practice management are covered, including topics such as marketing and money management, helping practice management teams gain a fundamental understanding of what they need to do to get them running a practice smoothly and efficiently.
Here we delve a little deeper into the ins and outs of what invaluable information you could learn from the course:
- Money Matters – provides advice on how to keep better financial records and control finances.
- The Patient's Journey – considers what patients want and provides a series of tips and tools on how you can demonstrate to them that you meet their needs.
- Team Leadership – addresses leadership skills and how these can be improved, offering advice on how to engage and motivate the team, including how best to handle performance issues and conflict.
- Premises Management – this will help you to see how your practice looks from your patient’s perspective in order to improve it accordingly.
- Marketing – provides guidance on how to write a marketing plan for your practice, collating all the information you've evaluated in the earlier modules and making sure you make the most of your practice.