These Terms and Conditions govern the terms of your membership. Please read them carefully.
1.1. These Terms and Conditions apply to all goods and services supplied via the website whether these are provided by a group company or by a third party supplier. Additional Terms and Conditions may apply for certain services and these will be communicated to you before the point of sale.
2. Benefits of Membership
2.1. Members will be entitled to various offers, including but not limited to access to various discounted services and resources, a free electronic or hard copy of the Business of Dentistry magazine and such other services offered through the website as amended from time to time (the Services).
2.2. Where third party suppliers (Suppliers) offer Members discounts on their services, the website acts as a conduit to the Supplier. Any transaction undertaken will be a matter between you and that of the Supplier and we will have no further liability once the introduction via the website has been made.
2.3. If you use the Patient Plan Membership services offered by Practice Plan or the Patient Finance services offered by Medenta, you can also access patient specific information through the secure members’ area of the website called the Hub. Separate terms and conditions and set up procedures are required to access these online services.
3. Membership Levels
3.1. There are 3 levels of membership
- Registered User is the entry level membership which provides basic access to resources on the website and limited discounts for Services.
- Gold Membership provides enhanced access to resources and discounted Services and is available:
- To Medenta clients free of charge
- To any practice who is not currently a client of any Practice Plan Group business for the fee of £12 a month (inclusive of VAT). Please refer to condition 6 for details regarding payment and minimum term.
- Platinum Membership is available to Practice Plan clients and includes all the benefits detailed above and some unique benefits available only to practices who offer Patient Plan Membership.
4. Acceptance of Terms
4.1. You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions for the level of membership you have subscribed for if you a) sign an application form; b) confirm acceptance of the terms on the website; and/or c) use any of the Services via the website.
4.2. By accepting these Terms and Conditions you confirm you are either the owner or have the owner’s permission to subscribe for the relevant membership on behalf of your dental practice.
4.3. We reserve the right to review and revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice and, by using the Services subsequent to any revision of these Terms and Conditions, you agree to be bound by such changes.
5. Account Registration
5.1. Where appropriate, you agree to provide such information about yourself and/or your practice as required to subscribe for membership and/or to access any Service and you shall ensure that it is at all times true, current, accurate and complete. If it is not or we reasonably suspect it is not true, current, accurate and complete then we shall be entitled to terminate your practice membership or suspend the Services until such time as we determine appropriate.
6. Charges and Payments
6.1. Gold Membership
- The minimum period for Gold Membership is 12 months from the date on which you enter this agreement (the Initial Term) and shall continue thereafter unless and until either party serves at least one month's written notice on the other.
- You will pay by credit/debit card the sum of £12 a month (inclusive of VAT) for at least the Initial Term to become a Gold Member and be eligible to access the various discounted Services and offerings. We reserve the right to change the membership fee by giving you at least 1 month’s notice. We will not change the fee payable during the Initial Period.
- If any payments are overdue, we reserve the right to withhold or suspend your access to the member area of the website. If you terminate during the Initial Term, all monies still owing for the residual period will immediately become due.
6.2. Payments due for specific Services will be payable either directly to the Supplier or via our online payment facility. You will be advised of the available payment options at or before the point of sale.
6.3. Certain discounted prices are only applicable where you hold a valid Gold or Platinum Membership. Where membership is cancelled part way through the provision of a Service, we and/or the Supplier may invoice the outstanding duration of that contract at full non-member rates.
6.4. Using the online payments facility on the website indicates that you accept these Terms and Conditions and any other terms which may apply to the specific Services being purchased. If you do not accept these terms, do not use this facility.
- We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the intended account due to a customer quoting an incorrect account number.
- We cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier (due to the customer quoting incorrect card details or other reasons).
- If the credit/debit card supplier declines payment, we are under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with their bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from their account.
Confirmation of Payment
You will receive a confirmation of your payment by email as well as an on-screen confirmation after you make the payment.
7.1. When applying for membership you will be provided with password details to access the members’ area of the website. You are responsible for the security and proper use of all passwords and settings issued and must take all necessary steps to ensure that they are kept confidential, used properly and not disclosed to any person.
7.2. You must inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that any password has become known to someone not authorised to use it or if any password is being or is likely to be used in an unauthorised way or of any other breach of security.
7.3. We are not liable for any loss of confidentiality or for any damages arising from your failure to comply with these terms. You will be entirely liable for all activities conducted and charges incurred under your password whether authorised by you or not.
7.4. If you forget any password you should contact us and subject to you satisfying certain security checks, you will be given a new password to enable you to use the Services.
8.1. Whilst we will make every effort to ensure Services are provided in accordance with your expectations and have agreed special rates/benefits with Suppliers for members, you agree and accept that:
- We can give no warranty or representation about any Supplier or its goods and services, including without limitation, as to any Supplier accepting or fulfilling any order or requirements to you or doing so at any special rates, or as to any goods being of any particular quality or fit for any purpose or as to any services being carried out with any particular degree of skill or care or as to comply with any legal or industry standards, or as to their being delivered or provided or carried out within any particular time. All such matters are for individual agreement between you and the Suppliers and should in each case be set out in a contract between you and the Supplier. We shall not in any circumstances have any liability to you for any breach of contract by the Supplier or any negligent act or omission of any Supplier.
- We shall not have any liability to you for delay in carrying out, or failure to carry out, any of our obligations caused by a) you or any Suppler; b) hardware, software, telecommunications or technical or other fault or problems relating to the website as a result of which for any reason all or any of the website or its content is not accessible or operational for any period/s; or c) circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
Although we do not accept liability for matters covered by condition 8.1 we will, once aware of the situation, try to assist in the satisfactory resolution of such issues.
9. General Provisions
9.1. We reserve the right to alter or withdraw any of the goods or services offered through the website at any time without prior notice. Where you have already made a purchase we will honour any existing obligations and shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure the third party suppliers do the same. Any notice to be given by either party to the other shall be in writing and sent to the address provided in the subscription process.
9.2. The parties acknowledge and agree that all intellectual property rights in any data shall at all times remain with the party from whom the data was originated.
9.4. A failure or delay by either party to enforce any rights under these Terms and Conditions is not an implied waiver of that right or of any other right in the future.
9.5. We do not act as agent for you or any Supplier. Nothing in this agreement shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any term of this agreement.
9.6. These Terms and Conditions reflect the entire agreement between the parties. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held or made invalid by a court, statute or rule or otherwise, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected.
9.7. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties agree to submit to the non-jurisdiction of the English courts.
V1.1 Oct 2013