Sarah Buxton shares her advice for ensuring that your staff rota adheres to the law. She explains the importance of clear contracts, how a rota should work in a dental practice and the dangers of the more informal agreements many dental practices have in place.
What you’ll hear:
- The current law in respect of rest periods and breaks
- The consequences of not adhering to the law
- How an employer can protect themselves.
Who should listen:
- Team members responsible for creating and managing team rotas
- Practice Managers
- Anyone with HR responsibility.
About Sarah Buxton:
Sarah specialises in acting exclusively for dentists, dental managers and dental practice owners in all aspects of HR and Employment Law and is a Director at FTA Law. Sarah advises dental professionals on dealing with sickness absence, assisting with making changes to employment contracts and, if needed, how to bring the employment relationship to an end. Sarah also has in-depth knowledge of the NHS and CQC Regulations and how this affects the employment relationship in a dental practice.
Find out more about Bodcast here!