Lauren Harrhy talks to Aemelia Wright about the support that Mental Dental provides to the dental industry.
Lauren shares details on how Mental Dental started and the challenges, concerns and positives that she has seen increase as a result of COVID-19.
What you’ll hear:
- How was Mental Dental founded
- Has there been an increase in certain types of questions/concerns
- Advice for struggling dentists
- What positives could have come from the lockdown and COVID-19.
Who should listen:
- All dental professionals.
Lauren Harrhy graduated from Cardiff University in 2009 and is now the owner of Sparkle Dental Centre in Pontypool, South Wales.
Lauren has helped to set up and run the Mental Dental Facebook group and Confidential charity helpline – both of which support dental professionals with mental health concerns.
Lauren is vice-chair of the British Dental Association’s (BDA’s) Young Dentists Committee and South East Wales representative of the BDA’s General Dentistry Practice Committee (GDPC). She also sits on the Welsh Dental Council.